Squash Casserole with g&r vidalia® Sweet Onions
- 1 large G&R Vidalia® Sweet Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 medium yellow summer squash, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 sleeve Ritz crackers, crushed medium to fine
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a two-quart casserole dish.
Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute the squash, G&R Vidalia® Onions, and butter until soft. Pour into a bowl and stir in the Parmesan, Cheddar, and sour cream. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
Place in the prepared casserole dish and sprinkle the Ritz cracker crumbs evenly over the top. Bake for 23 minutes or until the top is golden and bubbly. Yields 6-8 servings.